Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Support Your Local Soccer Player

I do. Every year since 2004 I've had one player or another from the high school girls soccer team show up at my door selling frozen cookie dough as a fundraiser for their soccer team. Well, I'm all over all things cookie. More than that, I'm all about girl power, so every year I've bought over-priced cookie dough. This year is no exception. It arrived last week... and since I no longer have any teenagers living in my house, the frozen dough is still here. Well, at least the box is still here. Let me check. I'll be back in a minute... ... ... Yep, no bites taken out of any of the frozen cookie dough pieces. Ahhh bliss.


I'm going out visiting teaching today with my new teaching partner and my new visiting teaching teachees (I'm sure that's not a word, but I don't know what else to call them). I don't have time to whip up anything from scratch, so Salem Hills soccer players to the rescue... I'm baking up a batch of this frozen Chocolate Chunk Cookie dough. Pretty nifty. Individually frozen pieces all ready to go in the oven. No mess in the kitchen. Of course the taste isn't exactly homemade, but at this point who cares?

They're cookies and they'll be warm when we drop them off. Good enough.

Obviously I don't have a recipe for these, however all of the previous cookie dough recipes I've posted can be frozen and used at your leisure. Just roll them in a long tube shape, wrap them in plastic wrap and place them in your freezer. Voilá. Cookies on demand.

1 comment:

Suz said...

Frozen cookie dough at our home homemade or not never, never, ever makes it to the oven. We love the cookie dough.

Luvs

Suz