Monday, August 3, 2009

It Has Begun

My new food blog! I'm very excited to have a place to record my favorite recipes and whatever food experiences they cause for me and my family.

Baking means kitchens. Kitchens mean being a little girl in my Grandma's kitchen. Grandma's kitchen means aprons and tastes and smells and a warm oven... and hugs. It means Grandpa coming home from work. It means my sister and I spending the night at Grandma's house. It means mashed potatoes and homemade rolls for dinner and waking up to the smell of pancakes, waffles or cinnamon rolls for breakfast. It means all of us kneeling at our chairs around the table for prayer. It means laughter and jokes and smiles. All of that means safe and warm. Safe and warm means home.

Here's hoping your homes are safe and warm... however you make that happen.

3 comments:

angie said...

Watch out world - you are on your way to better eating!
angie

Sue said...

Off and running! Looks great - probably tastes even better,

You're on my RSS feed, so bring it on!

(Did you announce to Rookie?)

Creative Cooks of Chugiak said...

Karla this is the the beginning of something huge!!


Best wishes,

Shelley