Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Celebration Continues


Three guesses. Homemade ice cream? (Nope - strike one.) Caramel mousse? (Nope – strike two.) Ummmmm..... Cinnamon Honey Butter? (Cheater! You read yesterday’s post.)

While regular honey butter is great on dinner rolls and homemade bread, cinnamon honey butter is my go-to combination for making cinnamon rolls and French toast. Rather than be a subtle accent flavor, the cinnamon is front and center. When I make cinnamon rolls, I spread this on the dough in place of stand-alone butter, and then sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on the top of it. When I make French toast, I sprinkle cinnamon in the egg mixture. However, it’s gone after a few slices of bread have been dipped. So, I make sure Cinnamon Honey Butter gets served at the table so that everyone has a chance to get their cinnamon fix.

Cinnamon Honey Butter
1 cup sweet cream butter
1 3/4 cups honey
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg

Beat the butter with a electric mixer until smooth. Add in honey and vanilla. Combine well. Add cinnamon and nutmeg and whip all together.

1 comment:

Brett, Juliann, and Mae said...

This sounds heavenly. The cake I made for Brett's half birthday was your heath bar cake. I just made it again for all the August birthday's in my family and it turned out great. I never use cool whip, so the first time I forgot that you have to defrost it. Good thing there was a sale going on and I bought an extra one.