Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'll Explain Later

What the concoction is between those two slices of bread. But right now, I want to talk about those two slices of bread.

You see, I go through phases. Phases where I madly bake desserts (all fattening). Phases where I bake breads from scratch. Phases where I bake breads using a breadmaker. Phases where I don't even set foot in the kitchen and everyone who lives in the Pastry Shoppe (otherwise known as my house) subsists on day after day of delivery pizza and cold cereal.

Well, for the past five weeks, I have been back at full-time work. It has seriously cramped my baking hours. So I flipped back into bread machine phase. I've been going through recipe after recipe looking for bread recipes that can thrive using the 'delay' function on my bread maker since I haven't been around to knead dough or watch it rise. (My goodness that makes my past life sound so very exciting, doesn't it?)

Anyway, I found this one on Tasty Kitchen and it turned out quite tasty indeed. It has a sweet maple flavor. I bet it would be delicious as French toast. The above sandwich was very good as well. I don't have a photo of the whole loaf because, well, it didn't last long.

Maple Cinnamon Oat Bread (adapted from Tasty Kitchen)
1 1/4 C warm milk
2 Tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp Kosher salt
3 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
3/4 C rolled oats
2 C bread flour
1 C whole wheat flour
2 tsp yeast

Add the ingredients in the order suggested by the manufacturer of your bread machine. Choose the basic/white bread cycle with light crust setting.

1 comment:

Best panini press said...

You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here. pannini press